How To Make A Limon Mojito
Need to know how to make a limon mojito? Mojito cocktails are fine in their own right, but if you like citrus-flavored beverages and the refreshing taste of mint, you'll love the limon mojito. Presentation is part of the package with a limon mojito, so make sure you have plenty of fresh lemons, limes and, most importantly, fresh mint leaves on hand.
To make a limon mojito, you will need:
- A tall high ball glass
- A muddler (used to bruise the mint leaves in the bottom of the glass; the pestle part of a mortar and pestle works well, but so does a fork)
- 2 ounces of limon rum (if limon rum is not available, any good light rum will work)
- 2 tablespoons of simple syrup (simple syrup is just one part sugar mixed with one part water and boiled until the sugar dissolves)
- 11or 12 full-sized mint leaves
- 1/4 lemon slice
- 1/4 lime slice
- A can of lime soda
- 2 mint leaves for garnish
- To make your limon mojito, add the mint leaves, simple syrup and lemon and lime slices to the bottom of the glass. Muddle (grind) them together well. The goal is to have a mush in the bottom of the glass. Muddling the ingredients releases the oils and makes the drink more flavorful.
- Add ice to fill the glass halfway. Add in the rum and top the glass off with lime soda.
- Garnish by floating two mint leaves on the top of your limon mojito cocktail. Serve and enjoy. Bottoms up!