How To Make Limoncello Summer Cocktail
Need to know how to make a limoncello summer cocktail? If you're hot and sweaty and looking for a refreshing cocktail after cutting the miles of grass growing in the yard, belly on up to a limoncello summer cocktail! Limoncello, with its light lemon essence, pairs well with hot summer days or cool summer nights.
To make a limoncello summer cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail shaker
- A tall beverage glass
- 2 ounces good quality limoncello (limoncello made in Italy is the best bet for good quality and the best lemon flavor)
- 2 ounces of raspberry vodka
- 2 teaspoons of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces of champagne or light white wine
- 4 raspberries
- Add two raspberries to the cocktail shaker and muddle them (smash them up) with a spoon. Fill the cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Add in the limoncello, vodka and lemon juice. Replace the lid on the shaker and shake for at least 30 seconds. The goal is to have the limoncello summer cocktail so chilled that there are ice shards on the top of the cocktail when you strain it into the glass.
- Fill the tall beverage glass with fresh ice. Strain in the contents of the cocktail shaker.
- Add the champagne or white wine on top and give it a quick swirl to mix. Garnish with raspberries and one sprig of mint.
The limoncello summer cocktail packs a punch, so beware of drinking them too quickly, especially in the sun. If you want to lighten up your limoncello summer cocktail, skip the champagne or white wine and add in cold, bubbly club soda instead.