How To Make A Long Distance Relationship Work
A relationship is too important just to wing it, so you need to have a plan to make your long distance relationship work. One of the biggest mistakes couples who are in long distance relationships make is to think they are immune to relationship problems. Having a successful relationship is worth all of the hard work that you need to put into it. If you work at it by following these steps, you can make a long distance relationship work.
- Use Video Chat. Video chat is one of the best tools to use when you are trying to make a long distance relationship work. Using video chat will allow you to "see" each other every day. You can talk about anything and everything during these chats. To spice it up a notch, you can send each other some R rated videos. Sending each other these types of vides can keep the relationship alive and exciting while you are apart from each other. Of course, you only want to send these types of videos if you completely trust your partner.
- Make the commitment to visit each other. Even with today's technology, there is only so much you can do, in a relationship, without physically seeing each other. The two of you need to decide how often you need to see each other in person. Once you make this commitment, you need to move heaven and earth to make it happen. When you make this commitment, talk about what you are going to do when you are together. You do not need to be a control freak and plan ever little detail about your meeting. However, you should make a general plan on what you will do with your time together.
- Share your everyday life with each other. If you are going to make your long distance relationship work, you need to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. You need to keep it real. When you are away from your partner, it is easy to talk about the fun and exciting aspects of your life. However, it is important to share details for all aspects of your life. For example, if you have a bad day at work, tell her about it, because this is what couples, who are physically together, do. Also, make sure you are asking her questions about the everyday aspects of her life.
- Do not try to control your partner's every move. You want to know the details of your partner's life, but you do not want to come across as an overbearing creep. Since you are not physically together, you need to give each other a reasonable amount of space in the relationship. This means that if your girlfriend wants to spend the evening with her friends at the club, you need to let her without putting a guilt trip on her. Trusting each other, by giving each other space will only make your relationship stronger.
- Have a plan on how to deal with temptation. Let's face the fact that temptation is a part of life. No matter how much you try to avoid it, it will eventually happen. If you want to make a long distance relationship work, you and your girl are going to have to be honest with each other about dealing with temptation. An easy way to do this is for the two of you to make a plan ahead of time. You can both agree to call and talk to the other person as soon as you find yourself in a tempting situation. For this to work, you both also need to agree that you will not judge each other when the other person is talking about being in a tempting situation.