You don’t have to be an expert to know how to make longboard skateboard decks. A longboard deck can be made easily from a longboard blank. The blank can be purchased much cheaper than the longboard skateboard decks. A blank is a piece of plywood that is specially designed. This reduces the need for you to glue and press multiple regular plywood pieces together.
Things you will need to make longboard skateboard decks:
- Uncut longboard blank
- Electric drill
- 3/16-inch drill bit
- Sand paper
- Wood sealer
- Measuring tape
- Grip tape
- Jig saw
- Decide what shape you want the longboard skateboard decks to be. Draw a template that is the same shape and size of the new longboard skateboard decks. Draw a line straight down the middle of the length of the blank.
- Place the template on the deck and trace it with the pencil. Be sure to place it center with the line you drew on the deck.
- Drill holes to mount the trucks to the bottom side of the longboard skateboard decks. These will hold the axle and wheels of the longboard skateboard decks. Be certain to put the truck holes over the line drawn in the center.
- Use the jigsaw to cut along the traced line.
- Sand the longboard skateboard decks using coarse sand paper. Sand all edges and the surface.
- Cover the longboard skateboard decks with wood sealer. Follow the directions on the sealers can.
- Put grip tape on the longboard skateboard decks after the sealer is cured. Put the tape on slowly a little at a time. Work from one end of the board to the other.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.