How To Make Longboard Skateboard
Learning how to make a longboard skateboard requires time and skill. You will also need certain materials and parts, and access to a longboard deck mold. Following is how to make a longboard skateboard.
How to Make a Longboard Skateboard: Materials
- Eight pieces of wood varnish
- Wood glue
- Saw, such as a table saw or electric hand saw
- Trucks and wheels
- Grip Tape
Tip: The skating accessories (trucks and wheels) can be found at skate shops, and the rest of the supplies may be bought at any home improvement or construction supply store.
How to Make a Longboard Skateboard
- Note the dimensions of your longboard's deck. Trace these onto the pieces of veneer, and cut them out, so that you have eight thin wooden veneer slabs shaped like a longboard's deck.
- Place some wood glue between the veneer slabs, and stack them together, so that all eight pieces make one thicker board deck with glue in between them.
- While the glue is still wet, place the deck into a longboard deck mold. Wait until the glue has dried thoroughly, and then remove the shaped board deck from the mold.
- Sand all of the edges of the newly shaped longboard deck to remove any excess glue or uneven parts that it may have. If desired, paint the bottom of the deck, and put grip tape over the top of it.
- Now, attach the trucks to the board with screws so that they are evenly spaced and in the right places. Add the wheels to the axles of the trucks, and you are done!
Learning how to make a longboard skateboard at home can take some time and skill, but the results are well worth the process. Once completed, your board should be just as functional and sturdy as any longboard you can purchase from a skate shop, and it may be put to immediate use.