Can’t afford to buy a new long and want to know how to build a longboard? Well we went out to the local hardware store to figure out how to build a longboard for our readers who have wanted to know how to build a longboard.
Before we get started A search around the house for these materials or B go out to your local hardware store and buy them.
- Birch Plywood
- Rough and Fine sandpaper
- a drill
- Polyurethane Varnish
- Grip take
- Trucks and wheels
- The first step in making your own longboard is to take the plywood and make it about 30cm by 150cm. Then draw out the shape of your board. If it is your first board make it like a skateboard except give it a circular shape in the front and rectangular back.
- Now cut out the picture you just drew and put it over the 30cm by 150cm plywood. Now trace the picture onto the 30cm by 150cm plywood. Carefully cut it out.
- The next step is to sand the board down to make sure that the board is nice and smooth. After you have sand down your board apply a layer of Polyurethane Varnish and wait for it to dry.
- Sand down the board again. Here comes the fun part designing the board. Since it is a custom longboard make it unique so that your friends can tell that it’s your board without you having to tell them.
- Now apply the grip tape to the longboard. Finally drill holes and attach your trucks and wheels.
Congratulations you have just finish building your own custom longboard. Have fun skating and always wear a helmet for safety.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.