Learning how to make lumpia wrappers is very easy and requires very little ingredients. Making lumpia wrappers will also save you time and money because it is difficult to find these wrappers in many stores. Best of all, once you have mastered the art of making these wrappers, you will be one step closer to enjoying delicious lumpias.
To make lumpia wrappers, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl combine flour, water and the egg. This will be the batter for your wrappers. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour about one teaspoon of vegetable oil into a non-stick pan or skillet. Be careful not to put a lot of oil in the pan when making lumpia wrappers. You only need enough oil to lightly cover the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Heat pan or skillet and pour in a thin layer of your lumpia wrapper batter. For best results, be cautious about how much batter you use. You can ruin your lumpia wrappers by making them too thick.
- Cook for about 30 seconds to a minute or until the edges begin to look brown. It will be hard to turn these wrappers if they are not cooked completely. If you have trouble getting it to turn, let it cook for a few additional seconds.
- Flip over with a spatula and allow to cook for about twenty seconds longer or until done. Remove from pan and place on a plate or flat surface.
- Repeat steps two through five to finish making all of your lumpia wrappers.
- Fill your lumpia wrappers with an assortment of meats and vegetables or freeze them to use at a later date. These wrappers are good for about two months in the freezer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.