You can make luxury duvet bedding very easily. The easiest way to have very luxurious bedding is to make it yourself. If you are at all good at sewing, you can easily make a very high quality duvet cover for a fraction of the price. You will need the best quality sheets you can afford in order to do make a luxury duvet cover at home.
In order to make luxury duvet bedding you will need:
- 2 flat sheets with the highest thread count you can afford
- 1 package of snaps
- A sewing machine
- First, go out and find the best sheets you can afford. You should try to find sheets that have at least 400 thread count or higher. These will feel great and really achieve that luxurious feel. Buy two flat sheets in whatever size your bed is.
- Next, you will need to pin the two sheets together. Take some pins and secure the two sheets in place. Make sure they are attached to each other inside out. This means that the front of both sheets will be facing each other. You should use quite a few pins. At least twenty or so to really make sure that your sheets stay in place.
- Take your sewing machine and sew both sheets together. Sew the sheets together with your sewing machine. Try to keep the stitching as even as possible. It won’t matter that much if it’s not perfect because it won’t be visible. Leave the end open (this is where the duvet will go in). The easiest way to do this is to start at one side, then sew the top, then the next side.
- Hand stitch the snaps on to the bottom. Attaching the snaps helps the duvet remain in place and allows easy access to getting it in and out for laundering. Four snaps should be enough. Try to line these snaps up using a ruler so they appear to be as even as possible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.