Rather than buy the pre-made drinks, why not learn how to make a Lynchburg lemonade cocktail at home? The drink couldn't be easier, and really goes a long way in refreshing the taste of your guests at a pool party or barbecue. The recipe can be expanded to make more drinks if necessary, or cut by half for just a few guests.
Things You'll Need:
- Lemon juice (fresh)
- Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Sprite or 7-Up
- Orange juice
- Sliced lemons
- Make a simple syrup. Combine one cup sugar with 1 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan. Boil the syrup until all sugar is dissolved, about five minutes. Place a lid on the syrup and remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool completely. This will be the sweetener in your Lynchburg Lemonade cocktail.
- Mix the ingredients. Combine 2 1/2 cups of lemon juice, two cups of Jack Daniel's, 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup Sprite in a punchbowl. Pour in the simple syrup and mix with a ladle.
- Add ice. Add a reasonable amount to keep the drink cool, but don't allow the ice to melt and dilute Lynchburg Lemonade.
- Add garnish. Thinly slice two lemons crosswise, being careful to remove any seeds. Allow the lemons to float in the Lynchburg Lemonade cocktail for taste and appearance.
- This is a large, party-sized version of the favorite Lynchburg Lemonade cocktail. The original version is comprised of one part Jack Daniel's, one part Triple Sec, one part sweet and sour mix, and four parts Sprite/7-Up.
- Serve in punch cups or martini glasses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.