There are several different ways how to make macaroni and cheese pie but each recipe has one thing in common, the pie. The difference between macaroni and cheese and macaroni and cheese pie it the consistency of the dish. Macaroni and cheese pie is baked until it is solid enough to cut in to pie wedges for serving.
To make macaroni and cheese pie, you will need:
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/2 shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Prepare the ingredients for macaroni and cheese pie. Grate 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Store 1.2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese in a separate dish to be used later. Break four eggs into a bowl, add milk, Bisquick, salt, hot sauce, and beat until smooth to make the batter. Mix two cups of shredded cheese and uncooked elbow macaroni in a bowl. Melt butter in the microwave and mix with bread crumbs.
- Grease a ten inch pie plate. Pour the uncooked macaroni and cheese mixture into the greased pie plate. Place the pie plate on a cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Assemble the macaroni and cheese pie. Pour the batter mixture over the dry macaroni and cheese in the pie plate. Sprinkle the buttered bread crumbs over the top of the macaroni and cheese pie.
- Bake in a hot oven for 40 minutes. The way to tell if your pie is cooked is to insert a knife into the dish. If the knife comes out clean the pie is done. If the knife comes out with ingredients stuck to it, bake it longer and check back every five minutes. Then remove the pie from the oven long enough to sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese over the top of the macaroni and cheese pie and bake long enough for the cheese to melt, about two minutes.
- When it's done, remove from the oven and cool for ten minutes before serving.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …