It is inexpensive and quick to learn how to make macaroni and cheese soup from ordinary household staples. The recipe requires no unusual ingredients and can be made in less than half an hour.
To make macaroni and cheese soup, you will need:
- ¾ cups of elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese (choose your favorite cheese)
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups of low-fat milk
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp. of flour
- 1 tbsp. of finely diced onions
- 2 tbsp. of white flour
- To make macaroni and cheese soup, start by boiling the chicken broth. Use a two-quart pot to bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the sliced carrots and noodles and let the mixture simmer for about seven to ten minutes. Stir the pot every few minutes to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pot. After this time, take the pot away from the heat.
- Place the onions in another pot and saute them.
- Lower the heat and mix in the flour. The flour will give the cheese sauce a thicker consistency. To make macaroni and cheese soup with a much thinner consistency, cut the flour down to 1-1/2 teaspoons.
- Stir the milk into the pot and add the noodle mixture.
- Keep the heat on low and stir the mixture for a few minutes as it cooks.
- Add the cheese and keep stirring until it melts. To make macaroni and cheese soup with extra cheese, add an extra 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
Once you make macaroni and cheese soup, you may find small ways you can improve the recipe to match your own tastes. You may choose to add peas, decrease the onions or make the dish with a different type of cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.