How To Make Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
Want to learn how to make Mahi Mahi fish tacos? Fish tacos are a fresh and healthy alternative to traditional tacos and are popular items in San Diego and Mexico. This fresh recipe for Mahi Mahi fish tacos is accompanied by mango salsa.
Things you'll need to make Mahi Mahi fish tacos:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger root
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large mango peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 6 Mahi Mahi fillets
- 6 tortillas
- In a larger skillet heat olive oil to medium high heat.
- Season the Mahi Mahi with pepper, salt, and any other seasons you may desire.
- Place fillets in high oil.
- Cook until Mahi Mahi is golden brown, or about three to four minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl mix ingredients for the sour cream sauce. Place cayenne pepper, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, ginger, salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl place pineapple, avocado, and jalapeno into bowl for mango salsa. Mix together then place bowl to the side for the tacos.
- Warm tortilla shells, feel each shell with a tilapia fillet, sour cream sauce and mango salsa.
Mahi Mahi tacos have a fresh twist on the traditional taco that offers a healthy option for Mexican dishes. They are easy to make, and are the prefect dish for a refreshing summer evening dinner. Experiment with different toppings of preference for your Mahi Mahi tacos for different takes on this baja fresh dish.