If you really like playing MahJong, then you may want to learn how to make a MahJong table. This MahJong table needs to have a felt top. With a little bit of craftiness, you can actually make your very own MahJong table.
In order to make a MahJong table, you are going to need the following items:
- A secondhand end table
- Some green felt
- Spray fabric adhesive
- A pair of fabric scissors
Purchase a small, inexpensive end table that measures between 31.75” (best for a Japanese MahJong table) and 34” for use with larger tiles or racks. Make sure that it is made of wood so that it can be covered with felt. It should also have a raised lip so that tiles won’t slide of and stand at least 27.5” above the floor. You can purchase one from a yard sale so long as it has sturdy legs.
- Now that you have a table to use, you can make a MahJong table. You will want to prepare your felt. Unroll it over the top of your table so that you have one continuous piece. You should have a 4” overhand on every edge of your MahJong table.
- Clean the top of the MahJong table off so that there is no dirt or dust. Spray the tabletop with fabric adhesive so that you can glue the felt down. Immediately lay the felt on top of the adhesive. Press down on the felt around the entire perimeter and through the middle. Allow it to dry for several hours before you finish making your MahJong table.
- Once the top of the MahJong table is dry, it is time to prepare the corners. Fold the sides down at the corners and cut off the excess fabric so that they will fold under neatly without bulking outwards. Spray the underside of the table and hold it in place for a minute. After all of the sides are dry, allow it to sit for 24 hours.
If you want to make a really nice MahJong table, then you may wish to make drawers on each side of the MahJong table for players to keep such things as their chips, money and rule books in. You don’t want these drawers to be too deep though or you will have less legroom underneath.
- If you want to have a great MahJong table, build some surfaces that swing outwards. Think of these as miniature cutting boards that can hold your drink and snack as you sit at the MahJong table. However, you are probably better off to use a party table instead since these may get in the way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)