Knowing how to make malt liquor at home will be fun and super easy! It will be even more fun when the project is done, and it's time to drink! Malt liquor is a term for a type of beer that contains a high amount of alcohol. These beers usually have higher alcohol content due to the added sugar or corn. Malt liquor began emerging in the 1950s. Brewing beer at home can become a very enjoyable hobby. Impress your friends and have delicious malt liquor on hand at any time! You will also be saving a fortune by brewing your own. For someone who has never brewed before, malt liquor can be a good beverage to start with. If you want to create your own malt liquor, you need to follow these simple steps.
In order to make malt liquor, you will need:
- Five gallons water
- Six pounds dark brown sugar
- Two cups black molasses
- One quarter cup bread yeast
- Boil the five gallons of water. Regular tap water will work fine.
- Pour the six pounds of dark brown sugar into the boiling water. Reduce the water to a simmer. Stir the sugar to dissolve in the water.
- Add the black molasses to the sugar and water mixture. Stir for a couple minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Once the substance has cooled completely, agitate the mixture with yeast. Bring the liquor to a boil. This is necessary for distillation to occur.
- Allow it to sit for about two months. Agitate the malt liquor here and there. Once time has elapsed, the malt liquor will ferment and be ready to enjoy!
In honor of the last two weeks of summer—and its accompanying sloshed-ness—here’s our list of the 21 weirdest beer and l ...
Times, they are tough. But if you are like us, you’d rather go without food and shelter than your precious beer. L ...
In some settings, traditional flasks can fall tragically short. Ingenious solution? Glass bottles that fit perfectly int ...