Knowing how to make malt liquor at home will be fun and super easy! It will be even more fun when the project is done, and it's time to drink! Malt liquor is a term for a type of beer that contains a high amount of alcohol. These beers usually have higher alcohol content due to the added sugar or corn. Malt liquor began emerging in the 1950s. Brewing beer at home can become a very enjoyable hobby. Impress your friends and have delicious malt liquor on hand at any time! You will also be saving a fortune by brewing your own. For someone who has never brewed before, malt liquor can be a good beverage to start with. If you want to create your own malt liquor, you need to follow these simple steps.
In order to make malt liquor, you will need:
- Five gallons water
- Six pounds dark brown sugar
- Two cups black molasses
- One quarter cup bread yeast
- Boil the five gallons of water. Regular tap water will work fine.
- Pour the six pounds of dark brown sugar into the boiling water. Reduce the water to a simmer. Stir the sugar to dissolve in the water.
- Add the black molasses to the sugar and water mixture. Stir for a couple minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Once the substance has cooled completely, agitate the mixture with yeast. Bring the liquor to a boil. This is necessary for distillation to occur.
- Allow it to sit for about two months. Agitate the malt liquor here and there. Once time has elapsed, the malt liquor will ferment and be ready to enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...