If you are looking for a new way to serve up a classic mixed drink, it's time to find out how to make a Mango Tonic cocktail. A vodka and tonic is one of the most popular bar drinks of all time. It is simple, straightforward, and doesn't require a lot of steps or ingredients. However, sometimes you feel like something a little different. A Mango Tonic cocktail is a safe bet for someone who wants something familiar, but also a little different. It only takes a few extra seconds during the mixing process to whip up something fun and unexpected to add some variety to your cocktail drinking.
To make a Mango Tonic cocktail, you will need:
- 1 1/4 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz mango liqueur
- dash Angostura bitters
- tonic water
- lime wedge
- tall drinking glass (highball glass)
- stirring stick or spoon
- Fill the glass with liquor. Fill the highball glass halfway with ice. Add the vodka, mango liqueur, and Angostura bitters. The mango liqueur gives a Mango Tonic cocktail a refreshing twist that brings to mind thoughts of hot summer days lounging by the pool or relaxing on a tropical island. Also, use high-quality vodka because the flavor of the vodka will be very noticeable. You can also use a mango-flavored vodka to make a Mango Tonic cocktail with an extra dimension of flavor.
- Add the tonic. Pour tonic water into the glass on top of the liquor until the glass is completely full.
- Mix the drink. Stir gently with a stirring stick or spoon.
- Add the garnish. Place the lime wedge on the rim of the glass and serve cold. Lemon can be used instead of lime for the garnish if desired.