Learning how to make a Manuka Flip cocktail isn't hard if you want to try something new. Just be aware that this cocktail contains a raw egg. Some guests may not like the idea of a raw egg in their drinks, so find out how they feel about it ahead of time or have another cocktail handy just in case.
You will need the following items:
- Cocktail shaker
- Three oz. 42Below honey vodka
- Three oz. pear juice
- Two oz. Benedictine liqueur
- One-eighth tsp. cinnamon
- Three chopped figs
- Half an egg yolk
- Cocktail glass
- Drink umbrella (optional)
Pour your vodka, pear juice and Benedictine into your cocktail shaker. Shake it for fifteen to twenty seconds to mix the three main ingredients together.
- Add cinnamon and chopped figs to your cocktail shaker. Shake for another fifteen to twenty seconds to combine the two new ingredients.
- Drop the egg into the shaker. Shake harder and for twice as long. This is to make sure the egg yolk is completely mixed with all of the ingredients.
- Place a piece of cheesecloth over the opening to the shaker. Strain the cocktail into a cocktail glass. The cheesecloth will catch any small bits of fig so your drink remains smooth.
- Stick a drink umbrella in your cocktail glass. This is purely for decoration. You don't have to add it if you don't want to.
Tips & Warnings:
- Nutmeg tastes great in this cocktail. You can add one-eighth of a teaspoon when you add the cinnamon.
- Drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…