Learning how to make a Manuka Flip cocktail isn't hard if you want to try something new. Just be aware that this cocktail contains a raw egg. Some guests may not like the idea of a raw egg in their drinks, so find out how they feel about it ahead of time or have another cocktail handy just in case.
You will need the following items:
- Cocktail shaker
- Three oz. 42Below honey vodka
- Three oz. pear juice
- Two oz. Benedictine liqueur
- One-eighth tsp. cinnamon
- Three chopped figs
- Half an egg yolk
- Cocktail glass
- Drink umbrella (optional)
Pour your vodka, pear juice and Benedictine into your cocktail shaker. Shake it for fifteen to twenty seconds to mix the three main ingredients together.
- Add cinnamon and chopped figs to your cocktail shaker. Shake for another fifteen to twenty seconds to combine the two new ingredients.
- Drop the egg into the shaker. Shake harder and for twice as long. This is to make sure the egg yolk is completely mixed with all of the ingredients.
- Place a piece of cheesecloth over the opening to the shaker. Strain the cocktail into a cocktail glass. The cheesecloth will catch any small bits of fig so your drink remains smooth.
- Stick a drink umbrella in your cocktail glass. This is purely for decoration. You don't have to add it if you don't want to.
Tips & Warnings:
- Nutmeg tastes great in this cocktail. You can add one-eighth of a teaspoon when you add the cinnamon.
- Drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?