Learn how to make Mardi Gras door decorations for your next theme party. Making Mardi Gras Door decorations can be a fun a simple task to do. Whether you will be making the decorations alone, or with children, for your home, or dorm or even a classroom, this simple step by step guide will help you to make cute and simple decorations for your Mardi Gras festival!
What you'll need:
- Colored construction paper
- Glitter, any color or size you desire
- Colored feathers
- String or colored yarn
- Take a piece of colored construction paper and fold it in half. With your scissors you will cut a design in the paper to make the shape of a mask. Get creative and make your mask wavy, or pointy.
- Cut two eye holes in the mask. The eye holes do not have to be perfect because the decoration will be going on a door, not your face.
- Unfold your mask and with the glue “paint” a lovely design on the mask. Once you have made a design with the glue pour glitter over the glue.
- Once all of the glue has been covered with glitter shake the excess glitter off. You can put any excess glitter back into the bottle if desired.
- Take as many colored feathers as desired; with the glue strategically glue them around your mask. You do not have to use feathers unless desired for more dramatic looking decoration.
- Take your string or yarn and cut off a piece about five inches long. With glue at hand, put two drops on opposite ends of the mask, and place the two ends of the string or yarn in the glue.
- Allow entire mask to dry. Once entire mask has dried you can hang it on your door with a piece of tape or a tack. If desired make four or five masks for more decorations!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…