Looking for how to make mashed potatoes from scratch? Seeking the real potato flavor that only natural mashed potatoes made from scratch can offer? There is nothing easier and tastier than making mashed potatoes from scratch. Forget those instant mash potatoes boxes, the real potatoes are the best! Try it.
What you need:
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tsp. butter
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel off the potato skins with a veggie peeler or a sharp knife. (If you prefer, you can leave the skins on.)
- Rinse the potatoes, and put them in a large pot with plenty of water, until the potatoes are completely covered.
- Cook hem over medium-high heat, until soft. (About 30 minutes.)
- Drain the potatoes, and place them in a medium bowl.
- Mash them with a potato masher, while still hot.
- Add the butter, milk, salt and pepper, and serve.
Note: Always mash the potatoes while hot, it’s much easier.
If you prefer peeling off the potato skins and want to take advantage of the skins, this is how:
Fried Potato Skins
- potato skins
- olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter or margarine
- salt and pepper
- dried dill, or any spice that you prefer
- Rinse the potato skins, and dry them off with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Put the potato skins in the hot skillet, and cook them until soft and slightly golden, stirring occasionally to avoid burning and getting stuck to the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and dill.
- Serve hot.
If desired, top them with a splash of sour cream, ketchup, or salsa.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.