Do you want to know the easy steps of how to make a Master Chief suit? You may think it difficult but in reality, it takes resourcefulness and a sense of creativity to create a master chief suit. To help you make a "Halo" Master Chief suit, it’s highly recommended to have printouts or photographs of the "Halo" Master Chief so that you have good basis.
To make a master chief suit, you will need the following:
- Glue Gun
- Fiberglass Fabric
- Fiberglass Resin
- Spray Paint
- Velcro Straps and Tape
- Black Sweat pants
- Black Sweatshirt
- Scissors and/ Cutter
- Drilling Tool
- Deep Green Paint
- Elbow and Knee Pads
- Photos or Print Outs of the Master Chief
- Bicycle Helmet (better to use an old one)
- Yellow Cellophane
- Cut out the cardboard to take the form of the Master Chief’s Armor. Based on the photos and printouts you have of the Master Chief, use the scissors or cutter to cut the different shapes of the armor one by one.
- Cut out the fiberglass fabric to cover the cardboard. As obvious, the cut outs of the fiberglass fabric will be used to cover each cardboard shape. Use the glue gun to effectively stick the fiberglass fabric to the cardboard. Make sure that the fabric covers the cardboard all the way to the back. How to make a Master Chief suit is easy when you follow each of these directions properly.
- Mix the fiberglass resin and apply it on the fabric. This step should be done in an open space or a well-ventilated place because the resin produces toxic fumes. Take note of the provided instructions for the fiberglass resin before applying it to the fabric. Use the gloves while applying the sticky resin. Then, leave it for at least 8 hours to make it stick well with the fabric.
- Use the drilling tool to make holes and details on the armor. This can make your armor look more realistic. Remember that this guide on how to make a Master Chief suit proposes that adult supervision is required if a child does the suit.
- Apply the primer before painting the armor. Use the paintbrush in doing this. Let the primer dry first before painting the armor with the deep green paint. It’s better if you find a deep green paint with a metallic look in the hardware.
- Attach the armor to the elbow and kneepads. By doing this, you are giving an impression that the pads are really part of the armor. The Velcro straps should be used to securely attach the knee and elbow parts. Other pieces of the armor can be attached to the black sweatshirt and sweat pants with a double-sided Velcro.
- Use the yellow cellophane to for the faceplate on the helmet. This template on how to make a Master Chief suit is not complete without the helmet. Be resourceful by using an old bicycle helmet and covering it with the yellow cellophane in front (use the glue gun).
- Cut the cardboard to make shapes for the helmet. The cutout cardboard shapes should be glued on the helmet on where it should be (base on the photos of Master Chief).
- Spray paint the helmet. Make sure the cardboard and yellow cellophane has already been glued properly on the helmet before spray painting the helmet. The spray paint should match the color of the Master Chief’s armor.
- Paint dots for the additional details. This may be optional, you can make it look more genuine by painting some dots or better yet, attaching some LED lights on the helmet.
Lastly, this 10-step method on how to make a Master Chief suit is just a simple guide. You can creatively add or alter some of the mentioned to make your suit more like the real one. Have fun!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.