Need to know how to make a McDonald's Shamrock milkshake? If you're in search of the highly elusive St. Patrick's Day Shamrock milkshake, then you might be interested in knowing how to make the Shamrock milkshake at home. While McDonald's is highly covetous of its recipes, and no one knows for sure what ingredients they really use, it is still possible for you to make a passable duplicate of the Shamrock milkshake yourself. Not all McDonald's stores even sell this product, so if you can't find a store offering it in your area or you're craving one after St. Patrick's Day, making a McDonald's Shamrock milkshake on your own may be your only solution, short of driving out of town to find it.
To make a McDonald's Shamrock milkshake at home, you will need:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 cup whole milk (skim milk works as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract, or two mint cookies
- 6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- Whipped cream for topping
- To make the Shamrock milkshake, first soften the ice cream. Put the two cups of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and let it sit in hot water for a few minutes. You can also let it sit in the open for a while until it becomes easy to stir with a spoon.
- Blend the ingredients. Pour all the ingredients into a blender. If you're using mint cookies, be sure to cut them into tiny pieces first. Put in the cookies and the sugar substitute before you put in the wet ingredients, and then blend.
- Serve immediately or freeze. Pour your McDonald's milkshake into two glasses and top with whipped cream. If you plan on having it later, store it in the freezer and don't top with whipped cream until it's ready to serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…