How To Make Meatballs
Learn how to make meatballs to have a perfect spaghetti dinner, a delicious sandwich or a scrumptious snack. Almost every country has a way of making meatballs that involves ground beef and spices clumped together. Meatballs can be made from almost any type of beef, mixed with sauces and a variety of herbs.
To make meatballs, you will need:
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 finely chopped large onion
- 1 large egg
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 16 ounces ground beef or ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Large bowl
- Slotted spoon
- Mix the ingredients in the large bowl. Whisk the egg, 1/4 cup water, pinch of salt and pinch of pepper in a large bowl. Add half the onion and garlic, breadcrumbs, ground beef or ground pork into a large bowl.
- Form fifteen meatballs. Whisk the ingredients until they are mixed well. Use the hands to form fifteen meatballs from the mixture.
- Turn a stove on medium heat to begin cooking. Drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil on the skillet until it is evenly coated. Put half the meatballs, which will be seven, on the skillet.
- Cook the meatballs for five to six minutes. Allow the meatballs to brown on all sides. Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon after they brown. Place the last eight meatballs into the skillet, and continue cooking until they brown on all sides.
- Put the remaining onion into the skillet. Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon, and turn the oven temperature to low heat. Cook the onion for five minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Add the remaining garlic into the skillet. Cook the remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add in 3/4 cup of water and 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes. Put all the meatballs into the skillet, cover them and let it simmer for twenty minutes.
Add Italian seasoning for extra taste, and be wary of the hot oven. Touching hot surfaces and eating extremely hot meatballs will cause burns.