Making your jewelry for yourself or friends is easy when you know how to make a memory wire bracelet cuff. Memory wire is one of the simplest wires to work with. It is a coiled wire that comes coiled in a small diameter but that expands to fit any size wrist. Memory wire is a versatile wire that will fit any wrist size when enough of it is used. It is stiff and holds its round shape.
To make a memory wire bracelet cuff, you will need:
- Bracelet memory wire
- Memory wire cutter or other wire cutter
- Round nose pliers
- Measure the wrist. Each person's wrist is different so know about how big the memory wire bracelet needs to be. For a multiple coiled memory wire bracelet cuff, it's easy to approximate by allowing at least three or four tightly coiled rounds of memory wire.
- Cut the memory wire. Use a memory wire cutter that is made specifically for cutting memory wire or use an old pair of wire cutters because the memory wire is steel and will put a notch in regular wire cutters.
- Bend one end of the memory wire. Make a loop in one end of the memory wire using round nose pliers. The loop can be small; it is needed to hold the beads on the wire.
- Thread the beads on the memory wire bracelet cuff. Use a pattern of beads or a random selection of beads.
- Bend the second end of the wire. To keep the beads on the bracelet, bend the second end of the memory wire bracelet cuff to form a loop.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.