How To Make A Merry Irishman Cocktail
If you are looking for a delicious after-dinner drink for the holidays, you should learn how to make a Merry Irishman cocktail. The Merry Irishman cocktail has the perfect flavor to follow a meal. Kahlua is a classic after-dinner drink, and here it is paired up with Irish whiskey to warm you up from the inside, as well as a hint of mint, which adds a cool and refreshing twist. The Irish are known for their merriment, and a Merry Irishman cocktail or two will help you to share their spirit even if you weren't born in Ireland. Although this drink is great year-round, the mint schnapps makes the Merry Irishman a particularly festive drink for the holidays, when it seems that peppermint is everywhere. For an added holiday touch, stir it with a candy cane stick and leave the candy cane inside the drink as a garnish. Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey is the whiskey traditionally used to make a Merry Irishman, thanks its full-bodied flavor and its Irish descent. No holiday meal is complete without a Merry Irishman cocktail to wash it down.
To make a Merry Irishman cocktail, you will need:
- A drinking glass (recommended: old-fashioned or rocks glass)
- 1 1/2 oz. Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Kahlua
- 1/4 oz. peppermint schnapps
- A candy cane for garnish (optional)
- Pour the liquor into the glass. Fill the glass with ice and add the Irish whiskey, Kahlua and peppermint schnapps.
- Stir and serve. Stir gently and serve cold.
Remember, the Merry Irishman cocktail is meant to be consumed quickly. If you drink it too slowly, the ice will melt and the drink will taste watery.