Need to know how to make Mexican black beans? Making Mexican-style black beans is easier than you think. Mexican black beans are great as a side dish, but they can easily be a main course as well. On top of that, Mexican-style black beans, or "turtle beans," are nutritious.
To make Mexican black beans, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cans of black beans
- 6 cups water
- Lime juice
- To make Mexican black beans, first chop your ingredients up. Thoroughly wash your four garlic cloves, jalapeno and cilantro before chopping them up. Chop the garlic into finer pieces than you do the jalapeno and cilantro.
- Oil, then heat a large saucepan. Add a tablespoon of olive oil before heating your saucepan. The saucepan should be set to either medium or high heat. You will know when the saucepan is ready to start cooking because the oil will start to sizzle.
- Cook the garlic, pepper and cilantro. Once the saucepan is ready to cook, add your chopped-up garlic, pepper and cilantro. Stir the ingredients around the pan. You will know when these ingredients are cooked because they will have become soft.
- Cook the black beans and water. The water will withdraw as the beans cook. Stir the beans regularly as they will be expanding. In about 45 minutes to an hour the beans will be done. You will know they are done when they grow thick and tender in the pan, so stir them around.
- Add your vegetables to the beans. Your garlic, jalapeno and cilantro have been cooked and are ready to be added to your Mexican black beans. Serve and enjoy.
If your Mexican black beans become so thick that the pan becomes dry, add more water. You can also cook your vegetables separately, adding them to the black beans later. Lime juice and cheese can be added to the recipe for added taste if you so desire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.