Want to know how to make a Mexican Samurai shooter that’ll knock your socks off? This recipe calls for fresh ingredients, but have no fear! You can take a few shortcuts if you really want, but fresh ingredients make these shooters stand out. They aren’t hard to make and you can do a little prep work ahead of time. Mexican Samurai shooters are supposed to be sweet. If you find the following recipe twanging your sweet tooth a little too hard, you can substitute the sour mix for plain old lemon juice to help curb the sweetness.
- Hot water
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- TY KU liqueur
- Cocktail shaker
- Shot glasses
- Egg white (optional)
First, you’re going to make fresh sour mix.
- Mix one cup sugar and one cup hot water. Shake until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add one cup lemon juice and one cup lime juice. Shake and refrigerate until ready to make shooters.
(Hint: If you want your shooters to be a little foamy, add one egg white to the sour mix and shake well before refrigerating.)
- In a cocktail shaker, add two parts TY KU liqueur and one part tequila. These are shooters so keep your proportions appropriate for the number of shooters you plan to serve.
- Add ice and a splash of sour mix. Cover and shake well.
- Pour into shot glasses and serve! For a frosty look, chill shot glasses in the freezer before mixing shots.
- Be sure to keep sour mix in the refrigerator, especially if you opted to add egg whites. Fresh sour mix will keep for several days, so long as it is kept covered and refrigerated.
- If taking the time to make your own sour mix sound like too much of a pain, you can use store-bought sour mix. If that's too sweet for your taste, remember, you can substitute regular lemon juice for the sour mix!