Replace your paper forms and make Microsoft Word fillable forms for customers, employees or students. Completed forms can be emailed to you or printed. Using Microsoft Word fillable forms gives you a great deal of control over what types of responses the user provides. Restrict answers to particular selections by using a drop-down box. Prevent bolding, italics and underlining of text by using a text field instead of a text rich field. Use check boxes for yes/no answers.
- Open your Microsoft Word 2007 or higher version of the application. Click the “Microsoft Office” button.
- Press the “Word Options” button under “Recent Documents.” Choose “Popular” from beneath “Word Options.”
- Click in the check box beside “Show Developer tab in the Ribbon” to select it. Press “OK.”
- Click the “Microsoft Office” button. Select “Save As.” Choose “Word Template” under “Save a copy of the document.”
- Type a name for your new template file in the “File name” field. Click “Save.”
- Click the “Developer” item in the menu bar. Select “Design Mode” from the “Controls” area of the ribbon.
- Create a check box. Click in the area of the document/form where you want the check box to display. Select “Legacy Tool” from the “Controls” area of the “Developer” menu. Click the check box control. The check box will appear in the form.
- Create a text field. Click in the area of the document/form where you want the text field to display. Select the “Text” or “Rich Text” control from the “Controls” area of the “Developer” menu. The text control allows users to type in the field, but they add formats to the text, like bold or underline. The rich text control allows the users to add formats to the text they enter in the field.
- Create a drop-down box. Click in the area of the Microsoft Word fillable form where you want the text field to display. Select the “Drop-Down List” control from the “Controls” area of the “Developer” menu. Add selection items to the drop-down box by right-clicking the control and selecting “Properties.” Press “Add” and type the selection item. Click the “OK” button.
- Group your form controls in the Microsoft Word fillable form. Click at the beginning or top of the form. Press “Ctrl” + ”Shift” + “End” to highlight the entire form. Select the “Group” control from the “Controls” area of the “Developer” menu. Click “Group.”
- Keep users from deleting control from the Microsoft Word fillable form by protecting it. Select the “Properties” item from the “Controls” area of the “Developer” menu. Click in the box beside “Content control cannot be deleted.” Press “OK.”
- Protect the form so users can enter data into the fields but cannot change any other text. Select “Protect Document” from the “Protect” area of the ribbon. Click “Restrict Formatting and Editing.” Check “Allow only this type of editing in the document.” Choose “Filling in forms” from the drop-down box. Press the “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection” button.
- Save the form. Click on the “Diskette” icon beside the “Microsoft Office” button.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?