One of the most helpful things to learn is how to make milk chocolate. Milk chocolate can be easily made from unsweetened cocoa powder that is normally used for baking. After making the milk chocolate it can be poured into molds while hot, onto a plate like fudge, or used as a dip for cookies or strawberries.
To make milk chocolate, you will need:
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Prepare the ingredients. Place the butter in a medium bowl and let it soften by reaching room temperature. Measure all ingredients, place in separate containers and set aside.
- Cream the butter. Cream the butter by beating it with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Sift the cocoa powder into the creamed butter. Note: sifting the cocoa powder will remove lumps and make it blend easier. Blend the butter and cocoa powder together until it is thick and smooth.
- Heat the Cocoa and Butter. Place the cocoa and butter in a saucepan and heat over a medium low heat stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Slowly add the sugar, milk, flour, and salt. Stir until lump free and completely smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and blend into the milk chocolate. Remove from the heat and pour onto a greased plate or into candy molds. Cool and refrigerate.
Tip: While cooking the milk chocolate, do not leave it unattended for even a moment. The mixture can burn easily. Use extreme caution when cooking sugar. Hot sugar can cause serious burns.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.