Class up your party by learning how to make a Million Dollar cocktail. The Million Dollar cocktail was invented way back in 1910 by Ngiam Tong Boon, the same man who concocted the Singapore Sling. The Million Dollar cocktail is one of those "impress your boss" type drinks. It is really easy to make and is a must try classic by anyone's standards.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Sweet Vermouth
- Pineapple Juice
- Egg White
- Chilled martini glass
- Crushed ice
- Shaker with a strainer
- Add crushed ice to the shaker, filling it up halfway. Make certain the ice is not partially melted, this will weaken your Million-Dollar cocktail.
- Crack open the egg and pour it into a bowl. Using both sides of the shell, carefully remove the yolk and discard. Put half of the egg white into the shaker.
- Pour in 1 1/2 ounces of gin.
Add 1/2 ounce each of the sweet vermouth and pineapple juice along with two dashes of grenadine.
Now that you have all of the Million-Dollar ingredients in the shaker, cover and gently for five to ten seconds and then pour into your chilled martini glass. These instructions are for one cocktail.
- Serve the Million-Dollar cocktail with light appetizers such as crackers and a variety of exotic cheeses.
- If you are allergic to eggs or worried about drinking raw egg whites, you may want to consider an egg white substitute. If it will be awhile before mixing the second Million-Dollar cocktail, place the unused portion of egg white in the refrigerator or discard.
- NEVER drink and drive and don't let your friends.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...