A fun and tasty party drink is simple once you know how to make a mind eraser shooter. When drunk through the straw in one shot, the carbonation in this shooter gives a sort of “brain freeze” effect. An easy shooter to make, it uses liquors you probably already have in your cabinet. Even though this is considered a shooter, you will need to serve it in a five to eight ounce glass.
To make a mind eraser shoot you will need:
- Old-fashion glass (low five to eight ounce glass)
- Coffee liqueur
- Soda water
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Fill the old-fashion glass with ice. Any good cocktail begins with plenty of ice to make it cold. Old-fashion refers to the drink that was typically served in this kind of squatty wide glass. Any low-rimmed glass that holds between five and eight ounces will work.
- Pour one ounce of vodka over the ice. While you don’t have to use the most expensive vodka available, better quality vodka can lead to a better morning the day after.
- Pour one ounce of coffee liqueur. This drink is layered and not shaken, but the coffee liqueur, being heavy, will sink towards the bottom and mix with the vodka.
- Fill the rest of the glass with soda water. Soda water is plain carbonated water.
- Place a regular straw, not a cocktail straw, in the drink and serve. The mind eraser shooter is meant to be drunk quickly through the straw.
You can place a lime wedge on the corner of the glass for garnish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.