A fun and tasty party drink is simple once you know how to make a mind eraser shooter. When drunk through the straw in one shot, the carbonation in this shooter gives a sort of “brain freeze” effect. An easy shooter to make, it uses liquors you probably already have in your cabinet. Even though this is considered a shooter, you will need to serve it in a five to eight ounce glass.
To make a mind eraser shoot you will need:
- Old-fashion glass (low five to eight ounce glass)
- Coffee liqueur
- Soda water
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Fill the old-fashion glass with ice. Any good cocktail begins with plenty of ice to make it cold. Old-fashion refers to the drink that was typically served in this kind of squatty wide glass. Any low-rimmed glass that holds between five and eight ounces will work.
- Pour one ounce of vodka over the ice. While you don’t have to use the most expensive vodka available, better quality vodka can lead to a better morning the day after.
- Pour one ounce of coffee liqueur. This drink is layered and not shaken, but the coffee liqueur, being heavy, will sink towards the bottom and mix with the vodka.
- Fill the rest of the glass with soda water. Soda water is plain carbonated water.
- Place a regular straw, not a cocktail straw, in the drink and serve. The mind eraser shooter is meant to be drunk quickly through the straw.
You can place a lime wedge on the corner of the glass for garnish.