How To Make Miniature Furniture
Learning how to make miniature furniture is not too difficult, but you will need to have a basic understanding of woodworking and tool use. You will also need certain supplies to begin, which will help you to make these objects.
How to Make Miniature Furniture: Materials
- Hardwood boards, one half inch in thickness
- Small nails
- Wood glue
- Powered saw
- Wood finish
How to Make Miniature Furniture:
- First, buy all of the supplies that you will need. Any home improvement store on construction supply company will have what you need to begin.
- Next, begin building. Make miniature furniture by first cutting the legs. Cut small legs from the one half inch board that are about one half inch in width, in thickness, and about six inches in length. Cut four of these.
- Next, once you have the legs cut, cut the base. For a chair, this should be about four to six inches by four to six inches. Cut this out with the saw. Use small nails to hammer the legs to the four corners of the base. Apply a little bit of wood glue to the legs where they join the base as well.
- Then, cut out the back of the chair. This may be solid, cut from a single board. For a solid back to the miniature piece of furniture, cut out a piece of wood that is as wide as the width of the base, and about six inches long. Nail this to the back of the base, so that the six inch length becomes vertical, and the width of the back attaches to the width of the back of the base of the furniture. Apply some glue around the edges. Now, your miniature piece of furniture should be done, aside from the sanding and finish: it should have legs, a base, and a back.
- Sand the object down thoroughly to remove any imperfections. Then, apply a wood finish, and wait for it to dry. Repeat this process for additional pieces.
Learning how to make miniature furniture requires you to know how to use certain supplies and tools. If you can do this, however, it is not too hard; take your time, and work carefully, and eventually, beautiful miniature furniture will result from your efforts. If you want, vary sizes of the pieces you make, or make small cushions for them to make them fancier and more formal overall.