How To Make A Modern English Cocktail
If you're a fan of a slightly sweet, slightly savory cocktail, a knowing how to make a Modern English cocktail is just right for you. Although not generally found on a bar menu, this complex flavored gin martini cocktail, with undertones of pear and maple, is easy to mix up at any home bar. Just right for a refreshing summer cocktail. The Modern English is as beautiful in presentation as it is tasty going down. Learn how to make a Modern English cocktail and dazzle your dinner guests with your bartending skills.
To make one Modern English cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail shaker
- A chilled martini glass
- Fresh ice
- Two and one half ounces of Bulldog gin (any good quality gin will work but Bulldog is the preferred)
- One tablespoon cinnamon liquor
- One teaspoon fresh lemon juice (you can use bottled lemon juice but fresh is always better)
- One ounce of pear nectar
- One teaspoon maple syrup
- Cinnamon stick and fresh pear slice for garnish
Fill the cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Add in the Bulldog gin, cinnamon liquor, pear nectar and maple syrup. Shake vigorously at least thirty seconds. You want to serve this cold!
- Strain contents into a chilled martini glass. If you've got shards of ice floating on top of the drink, you did it right.
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick. Drop a thin slice of fresh pear in your Modern English cocktail and enjoy.
Warning: A Modern English cocktail is particularly potent so, drink more than two and you just might find yourself garbling your words.