How To Make Money With Blogs
Discovering how to make money with blogs has propelled many a weekend writer and news junkie into the ranks of part-time freelancers who are bringing in a sizeable second income. Even though it is highly unlikely that monetizing a blog will make the owner rich, learning how to make money with blogs can most certainly bring in sufficient funds for little luxuries and vacations.
- Carve out a niche. Making money with blogs starts with identifying a target audience. As a result, targeted revenue streams have a better chance at resulting in profits. Opportunities are endless, but it helps to look for the roads less traveled. For example, the topic of “hunting” has been done numerous times, and the blog owner competes for page views with thousands of other bloggers; “hunting quail” or “hunting in Wyoming” is a niche that dramatically cuts down on the number of competing bloggers.
- Set up a blog and seed it with content. Visitors to the blog do not want to be assaulted by ads and monetized "click me" links; instead, they visit to see content germane to the blog’s topic. A number of articles, consumer goods reviews, event announcements and like items provide a canvass that is worth the visit. Making money with your blogs in this kind of setting is simple.
- Create stickiness. On the internet, stickiness is defined as a site’s or blog’s ability to gain subscribers and repeat visitors. Forum discussions, newsletters, giveaways, consistent updates and interactivity all create stickiness. Repeat visitors are more likely to click on money-making links and even buy through a site they are coming to trust and respect as an authority on the subject.
- Cultivate multiple streams of revenue. Resist the temptation to turn a blog into a billboard with rotating, flashing, brightly colored and completely annoying ads. That being said, when learning to make money with your blog it is vital to diversify. Ideas include Google’s AdWords and AdSense programs, placing classifieds, putting up a brazen tip jar to help defray the cost of webhosting and also engaging in article marketing.
- Read reports and make adjustments. Track the clicks on monetized links and keep a close eye on web traffic. Discern which articles do well and which types of links create click-throughs. Adjust blog content with this information in mind.
It is obvious that making money with blogs is not complicated. Places where plenty of bloggers fail include the initial site setup and the steady buildup of a web presence. Learn from their mistakes and your blog cannot help but turn a profit.