How To Make Money Fast
If you need to know how to make money fast, chances are looking for a second job is not the answer. Between sending resumes out, going to interviews, and working until the first paycheck, it can take several weeks before any cash comes your way. If you’re in a tough situation and need to make money fast, there are better ways to go about it.
- Sell something. Whether it’s the old treadmill gathering dust in the garage or your quirky collection of vintage glasses, there’s always somebody out there who could be interested. Small items might do better in eBay or if sold through a local consignment shop. Furniture and clothes can be sold to thrift stores. Sport equipment and electronics can be offered through online places such as Craigslist.org.
- Put your talents to work. If you’re good at math or writing, become an after-school tutor. You can have private students in your own home. If you can dance, perform or just be goofy, offer your talents for children’s birthday parties or perform somewhere, even if it’s the subway station or the local park.
- Recycle. Unless you’re a very heavy soda (or beer) drinker, you probably don’t have enough metal cans to get a significant amount of money for them. But that doesn’t mean you can’t go hunting for more in trash cans or alongside the road. Might not be the cleanest job in the world, but the money will add up and if you need to make money fast, every penny counts. If there’s a can deposit system somewhere, you can then just drop the cans and get a refund (usually five to ten cents each) for them.
- Pawn your jewelry. Keep your wedding ring and anything else that means a lot to you, but pawn everything else. You won’t get anything close to the real price of these items, but it’s a good way to make money fast if you’re in a pinch.
- Hold a yard sale. Sell everything you don’t absolutely need. Price things low and don’t think there’s anything that can’t be sold at a yard sale. Extra plates and cups, used clothes, old DVDs and CDs, and even magazines and books can all bring in some money.