How To Make Money On Youtube
So you've heard about those Internet celebrities making six-figure incomes, and you want to know how to make money on Youtube. Well, truth is that Youtube rarely makes sensations worth over $100,000 a year, but it does sometimes happen. Want to put your name in the bid to make money on Youtube? Read our handy how-to guide below to get started.
To make money on Youtube you'll need the following list of essentials:
- Video camera (or computer-video camera setup with microphone)
- Internet access
- Youtube account
- Create a Youtube account. That's the first thing that obviously needs to be done is to create an account on the world-famous Youtube. Scroll to the top-right hand corner of the screen and click "Create Account". Give Youtube all of the required information it needs (such as name, etc.). Confirm your email address and sign in.
- Figure out your "type". Some Youtube users are great at reporting the news, others are excellent prop comedians. There are lots of genres within Youtube and not every single one suits just anybody.
- Generate views! Before you start making videos on Youtube commercially, you'll need to show everyone what you're made of. Whether you're the next Philip Defranco or Justin Bieber, everyone starts out small.
- Get a website. Once you've built up a substantial viewer-base it's time to take it to the next level: a website. Make sure your new "site" has a forum, news section, and (of course) a blog. Sign up for Google Adsense to start making advertisement revenue. Generally, the more readers/viewers you get, the more money will start flowing into your pocket.
- Apply to be a Youtube Partner. Partners are the epitome of money-making on Youtube. Unfortunately, you'll need at least 500 subscribers to even be able to fill out the application. That being said, the more influential you are, the better chance you have (viewers are everything). Once you're accepted, you'll have Adsense money streaming in from your videos (as well as that already coming in from your website).
It's not easy to be famous on Youtube, but some people have got the stuff for it. Once you make money on Youtube, you'll have the attention of millions of people from around the world, garnering both more money and opportunity. Good luck, and never give up on your video-making dreams!