How To Make Monthly Payments On Mortgage On Time
Learn how to make monthly payments on mortgage on time and avoid costly bank charges. Paying your mortgage on time not gives you peace of mind but helps your credit rating intact as well. Here is how to make sure you pay your mortgage on time.
- Set up an automatic payment from your bank account. Setting up an automatic payment from your bank account will ensure that your never forget another monthly payment. Go to the Bill Payment option and fill out the necessary information so the bank can draft the necessary funds from your account.
- Write out checks ahead of time and place them in the mortgage envelope. If online banking is not for you, this method will also help you make your monthly payments on your mortgage on time.
- Use a wall calendar. Put your monthly mortgage payment due date on a wall calendar and highlight it. It will only take you a few months to memorize when the monthly payment is due.
- Create an Excel spreadsheet of your expenses. The excel spreadsheet helps you gather all of your finances in one place. Entering payment data for your mortgage as well as other bills keeps you focused on paying your mortgage on time.
- Mail out your mortgage payment early. If possible, mail your mortgage payment at least one to two weeks early. Getting used to this routine ensures that you will always get your monthly payment out on time.
Paying your mortgage payments on time by creating an organized system helps you sleep better at night. Paying late fees and additional interest on your mortgage because you forgot to make your monthly payment is incredibly frustrating. Make sure you stay organized and keep more of your money.