Learning how to make a motor boat is a fun and rewarding experience. A boat can be made with what is called a glue and stitch method. The boat can be made from almost anything. This boat is made with plywood sheeting and is the best way for a beginner to learn the process. The boat will be useable and does not require a frame or other type of form.
Things you will need to make a motor boat:
- Fiberglass tape
- Decide on a type of motor boat to be built. There are many styles that are propelled through the water by attaching an outboard motor. The boats made for two and three people are good starter boats.
- Make sure there is ample space to work on the boat. A large garage is ideal because the project will take a while. The project can also be constructed outside but may be difficult to finish depending on the weather.
- Trace the shape of the boar onto plywood sheeting. Cut the parts out with a saw and keep the cuttings accurate. With sandpaper, sand any edges off that came out rough.
- Assemble the boat by drilling holes about two inches apart close the to the edges of the pieces to be connected. Stitch these holes together by lacing wire in and out of them. When the lacing is completed join the pieces with fiberglass tape.
- Use epoxy to reinforce all seams.
- Apply paint to the motor boat to keep water from damaging the boat and to make it look good.
- Mount a motor to the back of the boat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!