How To Make Mozzarella Sticks
Learning how to make mozzarella sticks will ensure that at the next dinner party you throw you can offer your guest real, restaurant quality mozzarella sticks. They will be so amazed at the flavor and texture, they will have a hard time believing you made them,and did not just open a box of frozen sticks. They are easy to make once you get the technique down, and can be made any time of year for a special addition to any dinner table or football game.
To make mozzarella sticks, you will need:
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 Pound mozzarella cheese
- 2 Large eggs
- Cooking oil
- 1 tbsn milk
- Spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce for dipping
- Beat the egg and milk together. In a bowl, whisk the two eggs, and the milk together and than set it aside to be used later.
- In a separate bowl, mix the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and salt together. You want ot make sure all the ingredients are incorperated together, then set it aside to be used later.
- Take your pound of mozzarella cheese and slice into strips. Try and make them no longer than 4 inches long, and 1/2 inch thick. This will ensure easy and evenly cooking.
- Heat up the oil. You can either turn on a deep fryer if you have one, or grab a deep skillet, and add cooking oil then heat over medium heat till the oil is heated up. Do not heat the oil up too much that it is smoking, but enough that it sizzles if you toss a drop of water on it.
- Take your mozzarella sticks and dip them into the egg and milk mixture, then roll them in the bread crumb cheese mixture. Do this twice, giving the mozzarella sticks a double layer of crumb cover to the cheese.
- Dip the mozzarella sticks into the oil, and cook for one minute per side. You will be able to see a light golden color take over the bread crumbs, letting you know that side has been cooked long enough in the oil. Be careful turning the mozzarella sticks in the oil so you do not break open the mozzarella stick and have melted cheese oozing all over the oil pan.
- Pull the cooked sticks from the oil, and place on a paper towel for a minute to drain the excess oil. Then, just serve with your favorite dipping sauce, whether that be spaghetti sauce to marinara.