How to make a Mudslide cocktail is easily accomplished in just a few easy steps. The Mudslide is a creamy, sweet and somewhat colorful drink with a very distinct flavor. To make a well mixed drink the Mudslide must be shaken or blended. The majority of bars use half and half instead of cream, but either one is acceptable. Some people like more of a milkshake consistency, so instead of cream or half and half, use one large scoop of ice cream and blend in the blender. The Mudslide is usually served in a cocktail or an old fashion glass. If the ice cream is used instead of cream, use a fancier tall glass, like maybe a fluted champagne glass. It is also sometimes ordered on the rocks.
- ½ oz. Vodka
- ½ oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- ½ oz. Kahlua (Coffee Flavored Liqueur)
- 1 ½ oz. Cream
- Cubed ice
- Old-Fashioned glass
Steps for preparation:
- Fill the Old-Fashioned glass with ice
- Pour the Vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, and Cream into the shaker filled with ice
- Shake vigorously but slowly to the count of ten
- Strain into the Old-Fashioned glass
The Mudslide cocktail is promoted as an after dinner drink. This drink may also be prepared without the Vodka for non-alcohol preferred beverages.