How To Make A Myspace Page
With the plethora of internet social sites, it may seem like a daunting task to learn how to make a MySpace page. Making a MySpace page can take as little or as much time as you are willing to devote to it. For a basic page, it takes relatively little time or effort to have a decent looking MySpace page. Following these steps will have your on your way to joining one of the most popular online social sites the internet has to offer.
- Join MySpace. Joining MySpace only takes a few minutes of your time and requires your basic information. You will need to fill in your name, email address and birth date. You will also have to create a password, so choose one that is easy to remember. One of the perks of joining MySpace is that the service is free.
Edit your MySpace page. Under the profile tab at the top of your MySpace page, click on the "Edit Profile" tab. You will find several links where you can edit your information. In the "About Me" section, you can add as much or as little information about yourself as you like. You can add your interests and basic information about yourself. You are not required to fill in every section of your MySpace profile.
- Adding pictures and graphics. You can add pictures and graphics in any section of your MySpace profile. There are a number of websites that offer free MySpace graphics you can add to your profile page. Copy the HTML code and insert it in the section of your page where you want the image to appear. If you want to add your own pictures, simply upload the photos to an image hosting site. Copy the HTML code that is generated and paste it to your MySpace page in the desired section.
- Customizing your page. To customize your page, go to the Profile tab and click the "Customize Profile" tab. You can choose the layout of your profile, font colors and background. You can even use your own background and layout, just simply insert the HTML code in the "About Me" section of your profile. Be sure to save any changes you make so that your hard work isn't lost.
- Adding friends. The last step of making a MySpace page is to add your friends. You can find friends by searching with a name or email address. Simply send a friend request and wait for your friend to accept it.
Tips & Warnings:
- It is important to be weary of friend requests you receive from people you do not know. This could potentially be someone trying to hack into your MySpace page. Never accept a friend request unless you know the person who sent it.
- Never access your MySpace account from a link sent in an email, as it could be spam.