Learning how to make Native American drums for kids can be a fun and rewarding experience for adults and children alike. It is a great way to open communication about American history and most of all, it is just down right fun. Drums are a huge part of Native American culture and lifestyle. Here are some tips for providing the family tribe with music.
- Oatmeal can, empty coffee can, or any other can with a lid
- Paper bag
- Coloring Supplies
- Glue or Tape
- Rubber Band
- Wrap construction paper around the container that is being used for the drum. Lightly glue or tape the construction paper to adhere it to the container.
- Create a circle about two inches larger than the rim of your can using the paper bag. Crumple it up to create a fake leather look and apply it to the container with a few drops of glue.
- Now it is time to decorate. Color the construction paper that surrounds the drum to personal taste. Add feathers, leather straps, whatever is desired to make the drum appear more realistic. Craft stores are full of fun additions for items like these.
- Add the rubber band around the rim of the drum where the paper bag is stationed. Obviously, this will need to be a large rubber band when using a large container.
That is all there is to it. Try looking for designs on the web to make the drum more creative and authentic. There is no better way to start a family pow wow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...