Relax or travel in comfort by learning how to make a neck pillow with a custom fit. This simple to make neck pillow can be made any size from any fabric and perfectly fitted to your shape and size.
To make a neck pillow, you will need:
- Straight Pins
- Make a pattern. Draw a horseshoe shape with round corners using a pencil on a sheet of paper. The horseshoe should be a minimum of six inches wide or more throughout. Use scissors to cut out the paper horseshoe and fit it around your neck to test the fit. Make adjustments to the size or shape of the horseshoe if necessary.
- Cut out the fabric. Fold your fabric in half with right sides together. Pin the pattern to the fabric with straight pins. Cut the fabric around the pattern with scissors. You should have two identical pieces.
- Pin the horseshoes. With right sides of the fabric facing, pin the two horseshoes together. Stitch the horseshoes together with a ½ seam. Leave a three inch section of the horseshoes unstitched near the back.
- Trim the seams. Use scissors to trim any bulky seams using care not to cut close to the stitching. Clip a few vertical notches in the curve at the back of the pillow. Turn the horseshoe right side out using the three inch opening to pull the fabric through.
- Stuff the pillow. Begin by placing tufts of batting in the area furthest from the opening. Stuff the pillow until it is stiff. Tuck in the raw edges of the three inch opening and hand stitch the opening closed with a thread and needle.
- Soft fabrics make the best neck pillows like flannel, faux fur, or cotton jersey. Use polyester or cotton batting.
- Do not stuff the neck pillow with feathers or plant fillers that may cause allergies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …