Learning how to make new pickles may seem like an impossible endeavor, but it is actually quite easy. Despite the fact that making new pickles may seem like something only the Martha Stewart would do, it's actually one of least complex things you can do with produce. Best of all, you don't need a whole lot of fancy kitchen equipment to make new pickles, just a few ordinary household items and some spices and your good to go.
To make new pickles you need:
- Pickle seasoning mix
- Jars (pint size)
- Mixing spoon
- Wash and cut up three to four cucumbers for each jar you plan to make new pickles in. You will want to cut the ends off each cucumber and cut your spears so they are four to five inches in length and 1/4 inch in diameter.
- Wash and sterilize both the jars and their lids before using them. This can be done in the dishwasher, or in a pot of boiling water.
- Mix one packet of pickle seasoning with two cups of vinegar in a small pot. Bring to a near boil and let simmer. Stir with ladle periodically.
- Place cucumber spears in the sterilized jars. Pour the pickle seasoning and vinegar over top the cucumbers in the jar. Leave a 1/4 inch of room at the top of the jar and seal with lid.
- Place all the jars of pickles on the counter and let them cool for about two hours. Place them in the refrigerator, you can eat them as early as one day later, but it is best to let them pickle for a week for flavoring.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”