Need to know how to make a Newcastle cocktail? If you like fruity mixed drinks with a punch, the Newcastle cocktail may be for you. Officially known as "The Man from Newcastle," this cocktail features two kinds of fruit juice and three kinds of fruit-flavored liqueurs. It’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth as well as serve as an unusual cocktail choice. Served in a tall glass over lots of ice, it’s a wonderful choice for a summer evening.
To make a Newcastle cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail shaker
- A spoon
- A tall cocktail glass
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce amaretto
- 1 ounce apple schnapps
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce strawberry liqueur
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Fruit for garnishing
- Place a couple ice cubes in the cocktail shaker. Pour the vodka, amaretto, apple schnapps, banana liqueur and strawberry liqueur into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously. Shaking with ice helps mix the alcohol thoroughly, with the melted ice resulting in a smoother drink. Remember to put the top securely on the shaker. Hold the shaker with one hand and the top with the other to make sure you don’t end up with a huge mess to clean up.
- Spoon out the ice cubes. Pour cranberry juice and orange juice into the cocktail shaker with the alcoholic mixture. Shake vigorously again.
- Put a good amount of ice in the tall cocktail glass. Pour the Newcastle cocktail mixture from the cocktail shaker over the ice.
- Garnish with fruit and serve. You or your guests are sure to enjoy this fruity delight known as "The Man from Newcastle."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …