Need to know how to make a Newcastle cocktail? If you like fruity mixed drinks with a punch, the Newcastle cocktail may be for you. Officially known as "The Man from Newcastle," this cocktail features two kinds of fruit juice and three kinds of fruit-flavored liqueurs. It’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth as well as serve as an unusual cocktail choice. Served in a tall glass over lots of ice, it’s a wonderful choice for a summer evening.
To make a Newcastle cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail shaker
- A spoon
- A tall cocktail glass
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce amaretto
- 1 ounce apple schnapps
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce strawberry liqueur
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Fruit for garnishing
- Place a couple ice cubes in the cocktail shaker. Pour the vodka, amaretto, apple schnapps, banana liqueur and strawberry liqueur into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously. Shaking with ice helps mix the alcohol thoroughly, with the melted ice resulting in a smoother drink. Remember to put the top securely on the shaker. Hold the shaker with one hand and the top with the other to make sure you don’t end up with a huge mess to clean up.
- Spoon out the ice cubes. Pour cranberry juice and orange juice into the cocktail shaker with the alcoholic mixture. Shake vigorously again.
- Put a good amount of ice in the tall cocktail glass. Pour the Newcastle cocktail mixture from the cocktail shaker over the ice.
- Garnish with fruit and serve. You or your guests are sure to enjoy this fruity delight known as "The Man from Newcastle."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.