How To Make A Nomad Cocktail
You can spice up your summer parties with a different and light drink after you learn how to make a nomad cocktail. This cool and refreshing cocktail is great way to cool off in the heat of a summer evening. The ingredients for the nomad cocktail are simple and easy to find. You might find yourself making a whole pitcher of these.
Gather the following for your nomad cocktail:
- Highball glass
- Grapefruit soda
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Fill a highball glass with ice. A highball glass has the same diameter at the base as it does at the rim and usually holds about twelve ounces. You can use any glass about this size if you don’t have highball glasses.
- Pour over the ice one ounce of vodka, one ounce of grapefruit soda and four ounces of lemonade. For a touch of color and to balance the tartness in the nomad cocktail, add a splash of grenadine. If you want a little more sweetness, you can add a dash of simple syrup.
- Mix the nomad cocktail well to incorporate the ingredients. Mixing will allow all the liquids to get completely chilled. If stirring is difficult in the highball glass, you can use another glass or mixing tin. Pour the nomad cocktail into another glass or mixing tin and then back into the highball. The agitation between the two pours will mix and chill the drink.
- For making a pitcher of nomad cocktails, add the ingredients to the pitcher and pour into glasses filled with ice.
- Don’t make too much of this drink ahead of time to preserve the carbonation in the soda.