Learn about how to make noodles from scratch and eat tasty noodles at home any time. Noodles from scratch are so much more flavorful than dried noodles on the grocery store shelf. Noodles, more commonly known as pasta these days, make a filling, delicious meal. They are versatile and can be used in so many ways that you'll never run out of ways to serve the noodles you make from scratch. Ideas include pasta with cheese sauce, spaghetti and meatballs, noodles and pesto sauce, and so much more.
To make noodles from scratch, you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin or pasta machine
- Pour the flour and water into a bowl. Use your hands to mix the flour and water together. Knead the dough until the flour and water are incorporated completely. When you make noodles from scratch, you will get a little messy, but it's worth it.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl. Let the dough rest covered in plastic wrap for twenty to 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a clean surface. Dust the dough lightly with flour so it doesn't stick to the rolling pin or the pasta machine. Roll out the dough. Work out from the center of the dough pushing the dough out to the edges using a rolling pin. Continue rolling the dough until it is thin, about the thickness of a coin. You can also use a pasta machine if you have one. A pasta machine produces a more uniform flat dough.
- Let the sheets of dough dry. It's easier to cut the noodles from the dough if the dough dries a bit. Usually ten minutes or so is sufficient.
- Cut the noodles from scratch into the desired noodle size. Use a knife to cut the noodles from scratch into the width you like.
- Drape the noodles to dry, if needed. Sometimes noodles that are not dry will clump together when cooking. If desired, drape the noodles over the bar on clothes hangers to dry for one hour or more.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)