How To Make An Omelet
Have you ever wondered how to make an omelet perfectly? Making an omelet is not hard to do at all and with a little practice anyone can be successful. You can make your omelet healthy with using less egg yolks and lots of veggies such as broccoli, celery and parsley. You can make your omelet traditional with ham and cheese or you can make a Mexican omelet with salsa and chorizo. Learn how to make an omelet and how to alternate the ingredients to please everyone in your family.
In order to make an omelet you will need:
- A stove
- A non stick skillet is best (15 cm for a 2 to 3 egg omelet).
- Utensils such as: bowl, spatula, fork and whisk.
- Milk and cheese.
- Oil and butter (optional).
- Ingredients such as: tomatoes, bell peppers, mushroom and preferred meat.
- First thing to do is to make individual omelets. They can be made quickly and easily with the tips listed here. Make sure all the utensils, skillet and bowls are thoroughly washed and free of oil and grease.
- Take a small mixing bowl and add in three eggs (healthy omelet can use two eggs and one egg white) Feed the extra egg yolk to your cat and he will love you. Add in a tablespoon of milk. You can use low fat or skimmed milk if you prefer. Take a whisk or a fork and whisk them lightly to blend them together well.
- Place the 15 cm (6 inch) skillet on the stove. Add in 1 teaspoon of oil (virgin olive oil is great, not extra virgin) and 1/2 teaspoon of butter. Let the oils get real hot.
- Make sure you have the other ingredients prepared. If you are using spinach or veggies such as tomatoes that need to be cooked, cook them before starting the omelet. Make sure the meat is chopped fine and cooked prior to beginning the omelet also.
- Add the ingredients for the omelet, except the cheese to the hot oil. Spread them around the skillet evenly. Now take the beaten eggs and milk and pour them over the veggies and meats. Take the handle of the skillet and move the skillet around to spread the eggs evenly over the ingredients.
- If you want to do an omelet differently, you can start the omelet and when the eggs are set lay the veggies and meats on top of the preset omelet. Both ways are acceptable.
- With a spoon, make a large insert from the end to the center allowing any uncooked egg to run in this opening. Keep turning the skillet to allow the eggs to all cook evenly. Now add the cheese on top of the omelet to melt.
- Some will like to finish the omelet easily by placing the skillet under the broiler to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs. This is a very simple and easy solution for any omelet.
- With both methods you must now fold the omelet. After the cheese is melted, simply fold one end over the over and serve on a plate. This omelet can be served with some yogurt, slices of tomatoes and cucumbers or salsa for Mexican omelets.
Learning how to make an omelet is really not as hard as you may have thought. You do not have to be Martha Stewart to make a delicious and satisfying breakfast.