Learning how to make an orange cake isn't as complicated as it sounds. You don't need to buy a ready made mix to make your orange cake; in fact, finding an orange cake mix would require some searching on your part. Also there's nothing like an orange cake from scratch as compared to a cake mix. Your family and friends will think you bought this cake from a bakery and will ask you to make it time and time again.
To make an orange cake, you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1-1/2 tsp. orange peel
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar in bowl together until creamy.
- Add eggs, mixing after each one added.
- Put in the orange juice, water, orange peel, and almond extract. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, mix together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamy mixture and beat with mixer for two minutes.
- Grease a baking pan. You can wrap some wax paper around your fingers and smear some lard or butter around entire pan.
- Then put some flour in it, tapping out the excess when you're done, or you can use some baking non stick spray instead.
- Pour batter into the greased and floured eight inch baking pan.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes.
- Either way, your orange cake should fall right out when you turn the pan upside down over your plate. Use another plate to turn it right side up again. To test cake for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean it's finished-—if not bake for another five minutes and check again.
- For frosting you can shake some powdered sugar on top, buy some ready made frosting, use whipped topping, or combine canned frosting with whipped topping in equal amounts.
Tip: Make sure cake is cooled before you add frosting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.