Once you know how to fold paper, you can quickly learn how to make an origami crane with a sticky note. Original square sticky notes are perfect to use for origami, since they are already the right shape. Make a 1,000 mini origami cranes quickly with a few pads of different colored sticky notes. Soon you'll be making origami out of all your paper!
- Fold the sticky note in half. Make a crease in the fold, then unfold the paper.
- Fold the note in half the other direction, so that the creases form a plus sign. Unfold the sticky note.
- Fold the note with the sticky side out to form a triangle. Unfold the paper, then fold into a triangle the other direction, so that you have another set of plus sign creases. Unfold the paper so that it is flat.
- Lay the paper on the diagonal, so that it looks like a diamond. The sticky side should face up.
- Push in the side corners along the creases. Fold the top corner of the paper down. You should now have a smaller diamond.
- Fold the top right side of the paper into the center of the diamond. Repeat, folding in the top left side of the diamond.
- Turn the note over and fold in the bottom right side and bottom left side to the center. The note should look like a mini-kite right now.
- Fold the top point over towards the front. Unfold the point and then fold it towards the back.
- Unfold the top two sides so that you have a diamond shape in the front again.
- Lift the top of the diamond shape and fold it over the top fold you just made. You should now have a long diamond shape.
- Fold the top flaps into the center of the diamond. Flip the diamond over and fold the bottom flaps into the center.
- Fold the right side over to the left. Crease so that it lies flat.
- Fold the upper flap up to meet the top point of the diamond. Flip the paper over and fold the other flap up to meet the top point. You should have a shape that resembles a house, with a triangle top and square bottom.
- Fold the upper top flap down. You should now have a shape with two triangles on each end and two little points in the center. Fold the lower top flap down, leaving the two little points in the center.
- Fold one of the little points in half, to make the crane's head. Pull the other point back, to make the crane's tail.
- Open the origami crane's wings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.