How To Make An Origami Sail Boat
Learning how to make an origami sail boat will allow you to create a sail boat by simply folding paper. Origami is a well known form of folding paper to create beautiful objects and designs. Several people find origami to be a very relaxing activity, because it does not require much physical activity to create these objects.
To make an origami sail boat, you will need:
- Rectangle sheet of Paper
- Place the paper in front of you, laid out in the "standing position." This means that the paper appears to be taller, as apposed to the "laying position" where the paper appears wider. Fold the top down, and match up the corners. Press the crease so the rectangle is folded in half, creating a smaller rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in half, from side to side. Hold the paper in your hand, and press a crease beginning at the corner point, and go half way down. Unfold the last fold with half crease. You should now see a full piece of rectangular paper, folded in half, with a rectangular containing a half crease down its center.
- Position the paper so the creased half is at the top of the rectangle. Use this point as a center mark, and fold the top two corners down, lining them up with the half crease. The paper will now appear to have a triangle at the top, and a long thin rectangular section at the bottom.
- The Rectangular section is composed of two separate flaps. Fold the front rectangle up, and crease it along the bottom triangle edge. Flip the paper over, and repeat this with the rectangle on the opposite side.
- Stick your finger in the center of the triangle, to pop open the paper structure. Next, bring the side corners of the triangle down, to create a squashed diamond appearance. Overlap the corners of the triangle.
- Take the lower corner of the square, it fold it up towards the top of the triangle. Flip the paper structure over, and repeat this step on the opposite size. Open up this folded triangle structure, and bring the corners together. Then flatten the triangle back into the diamond shape.
- Pull the side corners of the diamond down, to unfold the boat. You may need to take one in each hand in order to unfold accurately. Turn the boat over and push up through the center. You will now have an origami sail boat that you are ready to add to water.