Decorate your home or office for Halloween by learning how to make origami skulls. The project is simple, all you need is a piece of paper cut into a square and your hands. Hold a Halloween crafting night and invite your friends over to make origami skulls and other decorations.
To make origami skulls, you will need:
- Printer or copier paper
- Markers or crayons
- Cut the paper into 8 inch squares. Use your ruler to draw an 8 inch square on the paper, then cut.
- Fold each piece of paper in half to make a triangle.
- Unfold the paper. You should have a crease running down the center. Position the paper so that one corner points down. It should look like a diamond.
- Fold the two sides into the center crease. Your piece of paper will now look like a kite.
- Fold the top point down. The tip should just reach the flat line created when you folded the two sides in.
- Fold the bottom point up. The tip of the bottom point should extend about one inch above the top of the paper. You should now have what looks like a small boat.
- Take the piece you just folded up and fold it down, creasing it about an inch below the bottom of the paper.
- Flip the paper over. Fold the bottom point up, across the back of the skull. You should have a five sided basket shape with a triangle up the center.
- Unfold the point so that you have the basket shape with a triangle pointing down underneath it. Fold the triangle up again, creasing about half an inch below the bottom of the top basket shape. Continue to fold up and down, creating a zigzag tooth pattern, until you've folded the entire triangle. You should now have the basket shape (or skull shape) with a row of teeth beneath it.
- Draw eye holes and a nose hole on the skull. Color in the teeth with a black marker.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.