Decorate your home or office for Halloween by learning how to make origami skulls. The project is simple, all you need is a piece of paper cut into a square and your hands. Hold a Halloween crafting night and invite your friends over to make origami skulls and other decorations.
To make origami skulls, you will need:
- Printer or copier paper
- Markers or crayons
- Cut the paper into 8 inch squares. Use your ruler to draw an 8 inch square on the paper, then cut.
- Fold each piece of paper in half to make a triangle.
- Unfold the paper. You should have a crease running down the center. Position the paper so that one corner points down. It should look like a diamond.
- Fold the two sides into the center crease. Your piece of paper will now look like a kite.
- Fold the top point down. The tip should just reach the flat line created when you folded the two sides in.
- Fold the bottom point up. The tip of the bottom point should extend about one inch above the top of the paper. You should now have what looks like a small boat.
- Take the piece you just folded up and fold it down, creasing it about an inch below the bottom of the paper.
- Flip the paper over. Fold the bottom point up, across the back of the skull. You should have a five sided basket shape with a triangle up the center.
- Unfold the point so that you have the basket shape with a triangle pointing down underneath it. Fold the triangle up again, creasing about half an inch below the bottom of the top basket shape. Continue to fold up and down, creating a zigzag tooth pattern, until you've folded the entire triangle. You should now have the basket shape (or skull shape) with a row of teeth beneath it.
- Draw eye holes and a nose hole on the skull. Color in the teeth with a black marker.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?